Tuesday, September 13, 2011

St. Peter's Onam Celebration - Next Day Edit

Growing up as an Indian, living here in the U.S., I've grown accustomed to the harmonious blend of east/west traditions. This weekend was no different, as it was Onam; a big celebration that originated in Kerala, India. There are numerous legends as to Onam and the history behind it, but in essence it's a gathering by the people to thank God for the year's harvest. 

I spent the Onam weekend, like many other South Indians celebrating in the festivities. The Next Day Edit that you see below is a highlight of the Onam Service and festivities at the church I've attended since I was a little kid.

Being a photographer, I'm pretty proud of this edit, as this is the first time I primarily used video instead of photo. 








To my fellow St. Peter's crew, this will always be home. 

With Love,

Abe S.

High Def version is available at my vimeo site:






No comments:

Post a Comment